Bella Kai's Journey: Fourth of July and Beyond

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth of July and Beyond

Well here it is July 4th weekend already. It constantly amazes me how time is flying. We had a wonderful birthday celebration for Zackary's 1st Birthday yesterday! My wonderful husband shared his birthday with Zack as well as Jeff's Uncle Joe...so we weren't in short supply for reasons to enjoy the day.

Bella had taken a great nap right before the party started which was so lucky since I was worried how she would do with lack of sleep. Lately I notice Bella's apprehension with larger crowds. While I believe she loves being around people I am seeing her get nervous and overwhelmed by a lot of stimulation. She will get quiet and I notice her clasping her hands more. Yet when she is in a smaller crowd she will interact more and relax. Now here is the kicker...this could very well be normal 2 year old behavior, but this is what is so hard for us...how do we know the difference?? So I tend to be cautious...maybe if we weren't faced with this challenge I would push her more, but I find myself in protection mode with her.

One of the many great moments of the day came when Zackary was given his piece of birthday cake...we all waited for the wild destruction of that yummy cake by our son..not so much..apparently Zacky is not too fond of getting his hands dirty!! BUT guess who stole the show???!! Our Bella!!!!! She proceeded to finger paint with Zack's piece of cake and had a ball and those moments are priceless!

So what's next on Bella's journey?? We have an MRI scheduled for July 25th. We are not looking forward to having her sedated but our neurologist needs to get this test checked off the list.

We have also decided that we are going to take Bella to Boston's Children's Hospital to be seen by their Retts Department...more on that to follow as we get more details.

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Fourth.

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds like a Bella had a good day!!!! Awesome:)

    ReplyDelete